SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Access/Visit
As one of 17 Department of Energy National Labs, SLAC pushes the frontiers of human knowledge and drives discoveries that benefit humankind. We invent the tools that make those discoveries possible and share them with scientists all over the world. Each year thousands of people visit SLAC in order to conduct work/research, Seminars, Conferences, Tours and other visits. Please follow steps below to process your access to the lab. Click on the section that applies to you:
What is the purpose of your visit to SLAC?
- Visitors - Individuals coming to SLAC as visitors for tours, interviews, meetings, job-walks or to visit SLAC employees. Visitors are issued a SLAC temporary badge in the SLAC badging office upon arrival.
- Conference Attendance at SLAC - Individuals attending SLAC events, conferences, workshops etc… on-site or remote.
- Scientific User - Scientific Users to participate in SLAC experiments on-site or remote. All individuals are required to obtain a SLAC SID number and complete SLAC training. All onsite workers are required to obtain a SLAC Badge.
- Agency Worker, Affiliate , DOE Staff, Intern, Stanford University Employee/Student, Sub Contractor, Summer Intern - Individuals coming for work/collaboration or participating in SLAC research are required to obtain a SLAC SID number and complete SLAC Training. All onsite workers are required to obtain a SLAC Badge.
- Rideshare & Delivery - SLAC RideShare & Delivery forms can be filled out by SLAC employees with valid credentials